Re: Ethernet stuff

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: Ethernet stuff
From: Drew Eckhardt <drew@alta.cs.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1993 04:23:02 +0100
Sender: riscy-request@pyramid.com
--------

    ?

    > Original Equipment Manufacturer - ie : do what everyone else did,
    > and clone National Semi 8390 eval boards...

    I see. Finally this *is* reverse engineering, but I don't mind...

Reverse engineering means taking another design and figuring
out what goes into it, Nat. Semi GIVES the schematics, PAL
program, etc away...

    > You don't have to refresh DRAM, and for an 8K chip the price difference
    > won't be that noticeable.

    You mean SRAM, right ?

Yes - looks like I slipped and hit the 'D' adajent to the 'S'.

    >     Please correct me if I'm wrong: What other supplies do
    >     we need than +5, -12 and +12 ? All these come out of
    >     a standard PC power supply.

    > 15V.

    Ok. What current ? If it's not that much, there might be
    a cheap solution. I'm gonna ask our analogue guys.

Whatever thinnet requires, I'll look in the Nat. Semi databook
when I get home.