Re: Design choice/vote PRELIMINARY

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: Design choice/vote PRELIMINARY
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 18:13:49 -0500 (EDT)
Sender: riscy-request@pyramid.com
> > Sim slots:  How much do you want to pay?  How much do you have room for?
> >
> > 4 simm slots $XXX
> I take it this means 1 bank?
Well I guess so... why is it important?

> Does this assume we'll accept 1MBx9, I hope?

Hmm I guess but it seems a waste, we will probably end up with 8 simm
slots and putting only 8 MB in a unix machine with a video card
and faster then a 486 is strange.  Keep in mind risc code takes up 40% more
ram then cisc.  So a mips+8 mb = 486 with 6 MB which is very marginal
for running X11.

> > Nice for those with ram already.  Although other simms allow 4x density
> >
> ISA:
> These had better be "16-bit" slots...

Hadn't really thought about it.

> If these aren't available, where's the mouse to be hooked up?
And ISA serial card.

--
Bill                                    1st>    Broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Broadley@schneider3.lrdc.pitt.edu <2nd  3rd>                 Broadley+@pitt.edu