re: wishlist

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: re: wishlist
From: rohrer@fncrd8.fnal.gov (Keith Rohrer)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 15:03:49 -0800 (PDT)
Sender: riscy-request@pyramid.com
[attributions lost, stuff deleted]
> > * Bus: I don't care actually, with the above I don't need much more.
> >   The only thing I could think of would be a floppy interface, to boot my
> >   root/boot floppy when I screwed up something.
Add to this: file transfer via SneakerNet, and use of those cheap floppy-
controller tape drives.  I have never seen a SCSI tape drive that was on
the order of $300 with a 120 meg pre-compression capacity, and sometimes
sneakernet or mailing floppies is the Right Way to move data (moving an
SLS distribution from the office to home, without fone bill, for example...).

> Someone mentioned that we could use a $15 ISA multi-I/O card with
> integrated floppy controller. I can't imagine that we could make it cheaper.
> One point more for ISA.
> Andy

        Keith