PGA versus PLCC.

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: PGA versus PLCC.
From: wolff@liberator.et.tudelft.nl (Rogier Wolff)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 09:29:37 +0200
Sender: riscy-request@pyramid.com
Hi everyone,

A while ago everyone was against surface mounted devices, and all PRO
PGA packages. Currently SMD is no longer a NO-NO, but the discussion is
still going.

I'd like to add that in my experience the PGA package (that is the
difference between the PLCC housing and the same chip in PGA) costs
almost $200! We have pricing info on the Quicklogic programmable
logic chips: they cost $70 for the PLCC version, and $150 for the PGA
version.

                                        Roger.