Re: Board production

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: Board production
From: tim@ubitrex.mb.ca (Tim Braun)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 93 10:30:22 CDT
Sender: riscy-request@pyramid.com
> From: Andreas Busse <andy@resi.waldorf-gmbh.de>
>
> Dear Mipsers !
>
> You may have recognized that "Oooops" mail...
>
> We, ie. Neil and me, had a discussion about the production
> of the riscy board because Waldorf Electronics (the
> company I'm working for) is interested in manufacturing
> the boards and in doing some CAD work.
>
> The discussion is still in progress and wether Waldorf
> will produce the boards or not depends obviosly on what
> the whole group thinks about that.

Fine with me.  It does greatly improve the chances of completion.

> Perhaps I have to introduce Waldorf Electronics here...

Interesting work.

> - Waldorf designs the PCB (this would be our part of CAD work)

Design file would become available?  What format would such
files be?

> - Waldorf produces either complete boards for the
>   international market or complete boards only for
>   the european market and partly assembled ones for
>   oversea.

Given the Gerber PhotoPlot files, there are many places that
could "do a run".  Given blank boards, there are many places
that can "stuff".  I may be interested in stuffing a few boards
here.  Even with 0.5 mm pitch pqfp.

> - SMD is now ok.

Thank Heavens.

> - We provide warranty and email support.
>
> - Neil might be the USA distributor of the riscy board.
>
> - The "virtual hardware GPL" stays intact.
>
> - We do not claim any rights on the design violating the GPL.

This would be important to maintaining the spirit in which
this group was created.

> - We would use the design as the base for some further
>   development.

Good for us, good for you.

> Bye,
> Andy
Tim Braun                          |
Ubitrex Corporation                | Voice: 204-942-2992 ext 228
1900-155 Carlton St                | FAX:   204-942-3001
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3C 3H8 | Email: tim@ubitrex.mb.ca