Sound, IDE drives, and ISA slots

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Sound, IDE drives, and ISA slots
From: Carlo J. Calica <calica@cae.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 93 0:29:58 CDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 66.36.1.2]
First off sound.  I really wonder is putting a real DAC is more expensive
than a resistor network.  Especially if performance is taken into acct.

IDE drive support would be great.  I have yet to make the switch to SCSI.
Having both would be a great advantage.  If possible support IDE.

ISA is a must.  Allows the stringing of more serial ports and such.
Without expandability the system is fixed and could quickly become
obsolete.

--
| Carlo J. Calica               | Linux:  Choice of the GNU Generation  |