Wishlist (ram)

To: riscy@pyramid.com (Mips 3000)
Subject: Wishlist (ram)
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1993 11:23:29 -0500 (EDT)
>I presume that people are bearing in mind the COST of this much memory? If
>I could get 4MB SIMMs for, say, $100 a pop (which I can't), 64 megabytes
.would be $6400.

>By the time memory prices fall to a point where _I_ could afford 64MB, the
>CPU will look like a Z8 does now and I'll want to trash it anyway.

Not to mention having that much memory with only the what 24k? (3081) of cache
seems a bit off.

Dec 3100's (mips 2000's) at 16.67 mhz have 128 k cache and a max ram of
24 MB.

--
Bill                                    1st>    Broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Broadley@schneider3.lrdc.pitt.edu <2nd  3rd>                 Broadley+@pitt.edu