Video hardware for r3K project

To: riscy@pyramid.com (project riscy)
Subject: Video hardware for r3K project
From: ronald%csunix.urc.kun.nl@kunrc1.urc.kun.nl (Ronald Schalk)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1993 16:52:00 +0200 (CET)
Wouldn't it be possible to use a graphics coprocessor in a "dumb" way?
e.g. I have a diamond speedstar 24x with a wd90c31 processor. This
is an enhanced wd90c30 with bitblt & linedrawing (I believe??). But
in most systems it's used as a dumb wd90c30, maybe there are more of
these processors. This way you could write in a short time a driver
for the dumb way, and when everything works ok, it's possible to
write an optimised driver for the hardware.

Just hinting, I'm not a hardware person.

Ronald Schalk

 * ing. Ronald Schalk                                               *
 * sectie COOS                                                      *
 * Universitair Centrum Informatievoorziening (UCI)                 *
 * Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen (KUN)                           *
 * e-mail : R.Schalk@uci.kun.nl   snailmail: Geert Grooteplein 41   *
 * tel.   : +31 80 617993                    6525 GA Nijmegen       *
 * fax   :  +31 80 617979                    Nederland              *