TMS340X0 - TI will no longer manufacture

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: TMS340X0 - TI will no longer manufacture
From: toz!cyberman@acsu.buffalo.edu (Cyberman)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 93 01:23:22 EDT
Comments:
I'm sure some of you know this BUT just in case.
TI has anounced it will be droping the 34k series graphcs processors in
favor of a set that is less pixe oriented and more raster ops oreinted.
They said they would support the 34k but that they are phasing them out
into a more "windows" style acelerator.  At this point I suggest the real
place to look for graphics acelerators et al would be some of the new
chip sets tthat are being offered.  Cirrus is offering several FAST
acelerated chip sets.

I think using a "smart" controler is a nice idea but dumb ones are EASIER
to program for.  (Just my experience at least).  One can boost
performance other ways, than just using a graphics coprocessor.  (DMA for
pixels would be one).

Cyberman

 "Everything is vanity ..."
"Even a fool looks wise if he keeps his mouth shut"
"A man to his own, is a person left to his own devices"
"Bewary of thinking you are always right, Hitler did"

Cyberman - this is mysig
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
#include <explained.h>
main(int argc, char **argv) { FILE *mess; mess = fopen("life.doc"r);