Re: UARTs

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: UARTs
From: caret@pyramid.com (Neil Russell)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 93 9:35:42 PDT
> Please be sure to use two for a total of 4 UARTs.  I'd like as many as
> possible to hang terminals off of.

I'm figuring on two ports.  One is required to aid debugging of the board
and the operating system, the second is almost free.  But more than that
would turn the board into one of the world's most intelegent multi-port
serial cards.    (Mind you, it would be cheaper that a lot of other
multi-port cards ;-) ).  This is not to say that we can't provide
for more than two ports; adding extra pads to the board for extra serial
chips would be simple.

--
Neil Russell            (The wizard from OZ)
Pyramid Technology                      Email:  caret@pyramid.com