Re: Why have I lost 12MB to lost+found ?

To: wolff@dutecai.et.tudelft.nl
Subject: Re: Why have I lost 12MB to lost+found ?
From: gt8134b@prism.gatech.edu (Howlin' Bob)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1993 21:29:44 -0400
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
In comp.os.linux you write:

>Jay I Choe (choe@hipress.phys.washington.edu) wrote:

>Let me throw in a "bug report". We tried making a file system on
>a new SCSI disk. It was slightly larger than what I'm used to, when working
>with Linux: It was 425Mb. It seems that it was also larger than what mke2fs
>was used to.... It crashed with an "out of memory" error. It seems
>that mke2fs builds up some datastructures in memory before writing everything
>to disk.

I think that the 0.3 release of the ext2fs programs significantly reduced
memory usage in mke2fs.  Make sure you have those.  If you do, then write
Stephen Tweedie and Remy Card and beg for s dispensation :-)

Robert

---
Robert Sanders
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt8134b
Internet: gt8134b@prism.gatech.edu