Wire wrap max speed.

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Wire wrap max speed.
From: wolff@dutecai.et.tudelft.nl (Rogier Wolff)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 93 10:26:28 +0200

mackinla@cs.curtin.edu.au writes:

>>maybe something that works at wire-wrap compatable speeds (how
>>fast *can* you go with wirewrap?)) to plug in peripherials in like a
>
>About 16MHz is the practical limit. I know, I've tried <grin>.

We've got a wire wrapped board here, running TWO I960 CPU's at 33 Mhz.
Within a few weeks we'll have a 50Mhz board up and running (with a different
processor).

In a way, wire wrapping is easier: you've got less routing problems, and
can take the shortest way from A to B. On the other side you need a
board that has good power and ground planes.

                                        Roger.