Re: MIPS R3000 - 2nd update

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: Re: MIPS R3000 - 2nd update
From: Carlo J. Calica <calica@cae.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 22:05:56 CDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 66.36.1.2]
> The best I've seen is the Motorola MC68302, which has 3 serial ports
> capable of some very good speed.  However, this guy may be a little
> too expensive, since its also has a 68000 CPU core in it.

Well if we do use this 'extra' CPU could we use it for something?  Maybe
sound?  In any case sound is something to think about.  If we do add it
would it be a simple DAC or something more complicated?  If set up properly,
the 68000 (or something more specialized) could combine various waves forms
to two DACs.  That would be all digital and sound better than most anything
for the PC.

--
| Carlo J. Calica               | Linux:  Choice of the GNU Generation  |