Re: MIPS R3000 tasks available; volunteers?

Subject: Re: MIPS R3000 tasks available; volunteers?
From: Patrick Mackinlay <mackinla@cs.curtin.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 15:39:08 +0800 (WST)
Cc: andy@resi.waldorf-gmbh.de
>That could *ALL* be done by a single chip. Contact Chips & Technologies
>and ask for the 82C512 Peripheral Controller.

Hmmm... C&T were supposed to make the IDT79R372x series of chips too,
and they didn't end up making the I/O controller (the most useful chip
in the series). If they did, in fact, make this chip, it'd be worth
looking at as an alternative to the 3730...

Any ideas on pricing/availability?

Pat -- "There's only one thing left to do Mama, I got to ding a ding dang
        my dang a long ling long" (Jesus Built My Hotrod -- Ministry)
GCS d* -p+ c++ l++ m--- s+/- !g w- t- r