Post to comp.arch?

To: riscy@pyramid.com (Mips 3000)
Subject: Post to comp.arch?
From: Bill Broadley <broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 05:57:46 -0500 (EDT)
I was thinging of posting a "best cpu for under $300" to comp.arch
to see what they say outlining our needs:
        cheap in quantity
        easy of integration
        nice price/performance

And mentioning they riscy mailing list, I think we have reached a small
percentage of the people that would be interested in the design/purchase
of a mips3000 motherboard to run a free unix.

Things might change alot of we had more people.

I was going to just post but figured I'd ask the list (not to mention
the overhead for Neil to subscribe.)

I just wasn't sure how much distance I should put between the mailing list/
project and the post.

Would be kinda cool for comp.arch to pick it as a pet project.

Kinda of like the Usenet Serial Card II which I have and am very
happy with.  It came out of a unfullfilled need for a good 4 port
16550 based card with source code for the card and it's PAL's.

--
Bill                                    1st>    Broadley@neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Broadley@schneider3.lrdc.pitt.edu <2nd  3rd>                 Broadley+@pitt.edu