SIMM sockets...

To: riscy@pyramid.com
Subject: SIMM sockets...
From: Pat Mackinlay <pat@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 16:00:55 +0800 (WST)
Neil, are you still planning on using 32 SIMM sockets? I've been looking,
and I just can't see how you plan to fit that many on the board if you
plan to do an ISA bus as well. 32 sounds a little excessive in any case.
I think we might do better to think about 8, possibly 16. More than 4
sockets is going to mean external memory drivers anyhow, so there's no
real difference between 8 and 16 apart from board space. Perhaps we can
allow 16M SIMMS to be used? With 8 x 16M SIMMS, we get the same 128M
maximum, perfectly reasonable from my point of view <grin>.

Pat -- "There's only one thing left to do Mama, I got to ding a ding dang
        my dang a long ling long" (Jesus Built My Hotrod -- Ministry)
GCS d* -p+ c++ l++ m--- s+/- !g w- t- r