Re: Introducing Atheros AR231x/AR531x WiSoC support

Subject: Re: Introducing Atheros AR231x/AR531x WiSoC support
From: John Crispin <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:49:41 +0200

On 18/06/2014 13:46, Sergey Ryazanov wrote:
> Hello,
> I plan to send several patches for upstream merging, that
> introduce support for Atheros AR231x/AR531x WiSoCs. This code
> developed and extensively tested in OpenWRT project. And I need
> some help.
> I need to know what is the preferred way to split code on to
> separate patches suitable for review and merging? Some kind of
> howto or article would be great. Could you recomend something?
> Should I send a series as RFC first?

Hi Sergey,

is the code already in a cleaned up state ? are you just missing the
bit where you split it up into patches or is there still dev work that
needs to be done beyond the actual submission process ?

is your code already available somewhere or do you plan to pusht he
owrt support upstream as is ?