Re: Release of Linux MTI-3.10-LTS kernel.

To: "Steven J. Hill" <Steven.Hill@imgtec.com>
Subject: Re: Release of Linux MTI-3.10-LTS kernel.
From: Aaro Koskinen <aaro.koskinen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:05:51 +0200
Cc: LMOL <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 07:27:39AM -0600, Steven J. Hill wrote:
> I wanted to apologize for my earlier email that could have been much
> shorter without being snarky. In short, we have a long test cycle
> and that we are tracking LTS support kernels and will be doing
> regular updates. A few months ago 3.10 was chosen as the next LTS
> version. We decided for stability and continued bug fixes to go with
> it.

No worries. I was actually curious about, and should have asked directly,
if and how you are planning to track the long term kernels in the
future. I look forward seeing how this tree will work in longer term,
it's also great that someone is testing MIPS kernel with such a wide
range of boards.

Thanks,

A.