prom start

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: prom start
From: folkert <folkert@vanheusden.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 17:05:10 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

Is this mailing list also meant for generic mips questions? (if not: any
suggestions for one that is?)

If so: I'mm experimenting a bit with mips, specifically on SGI hardware
(Indigo). Now it seems all mips systems have the prom at 0xbfc00000. But
how does it start? The first 0x3c0 bytes seem to be nonsense. Somewhere
on the web I found that 0xbfc00884 is the starting point but after
single stepping 5 instructions, the program counter jumps to 0x00000000
so I don't think that's the right one either. Also, reading the first 4
bytes from bfc00000 and using that as a pointer seems to be invalid too:
0bf000f0.
Anyone with insights regarding the booting of the prom on sgi systems?

Regards,

Folkert van Heusden