Re: RM9000 / E9000, MSP71xx class processors, SOCs and eval boards

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: RM9000 / E9000, MSP71xx class processors, SOCs and eval boards
From: Shane McDonald <mcdonald.shane@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 15:28:17 -0600
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=JQ2nrOU/dfh1hXQld9/BvzmciAaC5Ckd/XcHonKQ504=; b=ptuBkwQqDpBEkp8Tjmw1AgAIXCTnGO62ELiFEJLaa5VG2Vkn26crzaelf1wIWFpyqk uMm7lcOIqDU7CM4VNLQBkEwNumLE9/FJZq/HM5uD4rAFZCrMRuJ1mNvmtJOrHrDIGVQV 8AGREi9X8NtpoaVPEAB86hb/cXhUBBXMLq2ZtAjhwrWijkOmumr86R/MZdEStMeal4YR wJGTN3/IyO4JeLBO5lIJQowmpslfRkiUXICDBCnkO1+7jUgSq4yxNlrn9tdmD5VcplO/ Jft8PgvMl1sAdNIfFUQXFM4GGm5RxLQKhny8DjreSHDLLvdK6oFZSusr88kGmnFlQAam nXew==
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> since many years the support code for those devices is rusting away in
> the lmo git tree and frankly, I'd get rid of it because there's been
> very few patch submissions or any kind of indication that somebody
> still cares.  In short, this has turned into a waste of resource not
> least my time.
>
> So, is anybody still interested in maintaining that code?  If so, you
> better attach a bunch of patches to your reply.
>
>   Ralf

I'm interested in the MSP71xx eval board, although I may be
the only person in the world who cares.  Specifically, I use the
msp71xx_defconfig.  3.7-rc8 compiles with gcc-4.6.3
without requiring any patches.

I don't know when the last time the RM9000 was compilable,
but I have no interest in that, nor do I have interest in the
FPGA or eval board versions of the MSP7120 (no hardware to
test with).

I had hoped that someone from PMC-Sierra would respond, but
maybe they don't care anymore...

Shane McDonald