Failing INOTIFY in 3.6.x?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Failing INOTIFY in 3.6.x?
From: Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viric@viric.name>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 19:38:28 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

updating my kernel from 3.4.2 to 3.6.4, I've noticed that upstart deadlocks at
the very start. Stracing, I think it has to do with INOTIFY, because it
deadlocks very early and little more has been done then.

Going 'back' to 3.4.16, makes upstart work fine. I've not tested middle kernels.

I've seen this only on the fuloong minipc (mips n64), but I've done similar
steps with the same distributions on armv5tel, i686 and x86_64, and there all
works fine.

Does anybody know of anything broken around inotify, between 3.4 and 3.6 linux
mips?

Any suggestion on what kernel change could have related to this, and so, get a
clue about what middle version to test?

Regards,
Lluís.