Re: SMVP Support on MIPS34KC (linux-2.6.35)

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: SMVP Support on MIPS34KC (linux-2.6.35)
From: JoeJ <tttechmail@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 06:20:59 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Steve,

 Thanks for the suggestion. We moved to 3.4.2 kernel and observed the same
issue, ie System hangs while booting. In 3.4.2 port, we are using mips
timers (count & compare - csrc-r4k.c & cevt-r4k.c) as clocksource. The last
few prints on the console are :

Synchronize counters across 2 CPUs: done.
NET: Registered protocol family 16
bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
Switching to clocksource MIPS

As mentioned in my previous post, even with 3.4.2 kernel, the control loops
in stop_machine_cpu_stop function. Do you suspect anything here?
btw, if we set "clocksource=jiffies" in the bootargs, the system boot goes
fine. The issue is observed only during switching from default clocksource
to MIPS clocksource. Also, the boot works fine with 'nosmp=1' option & MIPS
clocksource.

Please suggest on the possible debug approach for this issue.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Joe