Re: development board?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: development board?
From: John Long <codeblue@inbox.lv>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:38:17 +0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 09:15:00PM +0200, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm searching for an development board with a MIPS processor - 1GB
> RAM would be nice but 10/100MBit ethernet is required.
> Unfortunately I can't find only ARM boards (100-150 USD).
> Could you recommend me a MIPS board for development (I don't want to
> have an old Indigo, O2 or Octane).
> thank you and best regards,
> Oliver

Hi,

I am emailing you from my Lemote Fuloong. It is an 800 MHz MIPS-III+ box. It
has 512M of RAM and comes in a nice enclosure. List price is about $190 but
I have seen some invitations on various mailing lists from Lemote for
developer discounts. http://www.lemote.com/en

If this is too expensive or you really prefer a dev board instead of an SBC
then what about MIPS Malta? They don't list the price on their site but it
is supposed to be a good board with good doc and I believe various BSD
support it in addition to Linux.
http://www.mips.com/products/development-kits/

--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong
 against HTML e-mail   X  Loongson MIPS and OpenBSD