pnx_clocksource broken?

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: pnx_clocksource broken?
From: John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:58:09 -0700
Cc: Yong Zhang <yong.zhang0@gmail.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Looking at arch/mips/pnx8550/common/time.c the pnx_clocksource never seems to be assigned a mult/shift value before it calls clocksource_register(). Clearly this is broken and I suspect this clocksource is never used.

I was hoping to convert this driver over (its the last of 3 remaining) to use clocksource_register_hz/khz() but I'm not sure what the actual frequency of the hardware should be. Is mips_hpt_frequency the right value here?

Even so, if this is clocksource is never used, should it just be removed?

thanks
-john