Re: [git pull] PCI changes (including maintainer change)

To: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>, Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@google.com>, Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>, Rob Herring <rob.herring@calxeda.com>
Subject: Re: [git pull] PCI changes (including maintainer change)
From: Yinghai Lu <yinghai@kernel.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:58:42 -0700
Cc: linux-pci@vger.kernel.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, linuxppc-dev@lists.ozlabs.org, devicetree-discuss@lists.ozlabs.org
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=d4YsueQhxRnHc0UWeewTYDSgCMltmgm8o+XEUQCQFcQ=; b=uRzh3y5RNpiCTk0MpNHuneU+6ZSL/iQ5XxqDxBr3B3+j2+lM7gUOdNvupVmzd+dIN5 rxL5ZQIetXkYAs/4Cr7pRtBhy58CoGCGPBBQX1lmBBM7wKNcm2MPLjjsfMh11MFCwNd5 ZjlNw1mdQwMS4jgJ/8+/iq8sl/ttTJ5tQ+MjbQARgoYZ3ya3gQzhEu2pKoDqozn0yFph hWMam3aRMdLYb1VoQs9TkXvGxlSg7Ni4F/NO42nYdppBZSjgAZ4TVI2sQ6yTqrBXtXFm b6C8Q6jbmtAsExy7SI9sJg3PNa5GNTDCswOVyVvbdgOSgP+CP2d5h498Y1pmR8RkIw8K dqEQ==
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> The following changes since commit
> 4f262acfde22b63498b5e4f165e53d3bb4e96400:
>
>  Merge branch 'fixes' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm
> (2012-03-07 08:33:03 -0800)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci linux-next
>
> This pull has some good cleanups from Bjorn and Yinghai, as well as
> some more code from Yinghai to better handle resource re-allocation
> when enabled.
>
> There's also a new initcall_debug feature from Arjan which will print
> out quirk timing information to help identify slow quirks for fixing or
> refinement (Yinghai sent in a few patches to do just that once the new
> debug code landed).
>
> Beyond that, I'm handing off PCI maintainership to Bjorn Helgaas.  He's
> been a core PCI and Linux contributor for some time now, and has kindly
> volunteered to take over.  I just don't feel I have the time for PCI
> review and work that it deserves lately (I've taken on some other
> projects), and haven't been as responsive lately as I'd like, so I
> approached Bjorn asking if he'd like to manage things.  He's going to
> give it a try, and I'm confident he'll do at least as well as I have in
> keeping the tree managed, patches flowing, and keeping things stable.

There are some merge conflicts. Hope attached patch could help Linus a
little bit.

     Yinghai