Re: YeeLoong / hotkey driver

To: wu zhangjin <wuzhangjin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: YeeLoong / hotkey driver
From: Paul Roge <proge@riseup.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:00:15 -0500
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, debian-mips@lists.debian.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> The old patch is out-of-date, perhaps we can start a new trip to
> upstream the latest version maintained at
> http://dev.lemote.com/code/linux-loongson-community.
>
> The latest one threaded the irq interrupt handler and fixed some bugs.
>
> Hope somebody else can work on it for I'm a little busy currently ;-)

Since I am new to configuring kernels, I doubt that I can help very much on
this.

The 3.0.4-libre-lemote kernel from
http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/lemote/gnewsense has everything
except hotkey support for wireless. The CONFIG_RTL8187 and CONFIG_RTL8187B
options are disabled in the config file. Typing "echo 1 >
/sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state" does nothing, even when the kernel is
reconfigured with those drivers enabled.

The 2.36.8-loongson-2f kernel from http://bjlx.org.cn/loongson2f/squeeze has
functional hotkey and wireless networking capability. However, the date resets
to 1968 when restarted, thus messing up certificates, and scrolling with the
keybad is disabled.

I would really appreciate suggestions for adding wireless/hotkey capability to
the 3.0.4-libre-lemote kernel, or fixing the date problem and adding the keybad
scrolling capability on 2.36.8-loongson-2f! Should I add the patch, modify
options, or both?

Thanks!
Paul