some questions about translation lookaside buffer

Subject: some questions about translation lookaside buffer
From: loody <miloody@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:36:11 +0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Dear all:
I have some questions about local_flush_tlb_one.
1. what will happen if I use local_flush_tlb_one to flush a page that
doesn't exist in translation lookaside buffer entries.

The index return by read_c0_index(), should be negative.
but this function seems not handle the case that idx < 0.

2. as I know, translation lookaside buffer is a place to keep record
the memory mapping, it doesn't like cache have place to store the
data.
    a. If the entry is cacheable, what we only to do is flush the cache?
    b. if the entry is uncached, there is nothing to do?
if above b is correct, what will happen if we have an entry that is
uncached and dirty?

--
Regards,