Re: Does the VIA VT6212 USB Host controller works on SGI/Mips?

To: BSDero <bsdero@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Does the VIA VT6212 USB Host controller works on SGI/Mips?
From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:18:53 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On 09/19/2011 22:50, BSDero wrote:

> I belongs to http://www.nekochan.net site and we would like to have this
> device
> working on Irix, so I'm looking for useful information about this in order to
> have a suitable driver for this device in SGI workstations...
>
> Thanks by the info. Do u remember which type of VIA PCI USB controller?  It
> was
> a VT6212??
>
> :)

Sorry, not VIA.  ALi:
00:03.0 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03) (prog-if
10 [OHCI])
        Subsystem: ALi Corporation ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Motherboard
        Flags: 66MHz, medium devsel, IRQ 21
        Memory at 280022000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=4K]

VIA is UHCI, and that's what I had problems with.  But that was also several
years ago and maybe it would work know if I actually knew where that card
was.  PCI on many of the SGI systems is a strange beast...

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic