Re: Does the VIA VT6212 USB Host controller works on SGI/Mips?

To: BSDero <bsdero@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Does the VIA VT6212 USB Host controller works on SGI/Mips?
From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:41:27 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On 09/19/2011 20:22, BSDero wrote:

> I'm working on a Driver for this device in Irix, and I don't know if this
> works
> ok... I can not get PCI interrupts with this device...
>
> How is it in SGI/MIps Linux?

Can't say I've ever tested that specific chip.  I have tested VIA chips in
an SGI O2 before, and if memory serves, ohci worked pretty well.  I think
there were problems with uhci.  ehci seemed to work fine, too.  Not tested
xhci yet.

That said, why IRIX?  That's been dead for almost 6 years now.

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic