This patch series adds support for embedded devices like bcm47xx to
bcma. Bcma is used on bcm4716 and bcm4718 SoCs as the system bus and
replaced ssb used on older devices. With these patches my bcm4716
device boots up till it tries to access the flash, because the serial
flash chip is unsupported for now, this will be my next task. This adds
support for MIPS cores, interrupt configuration and the serial console.
These patches are not containing all functions needed to get the SoC to
fully work and support every feature, but it is a good start.
These patches are now integrated in OpenWrt for everyone how wants to
This was tested with a BCM4704 device (SoC with ssb bus), a BCM4716
device and a pcie wireless card supported by bcma.
@Rafał: If you are fine with the bcma patches could you please give
your Signed-off on them.
@Ralf: Could you please merger this into the mips tree so that it will be in
* define inline function bcma_core_mips_init() if mips driver is not build
* iounmap core->io_wrap and core->io_addr after it was used.
* update bcma based on new braodcom driver code
* add workaround for 5357b0
* move flash informations into own struct and store it in chipcommon.
When adding serial flash support it will be in chipcommon and then all flash
structs should be there.
* some changes to bcma_chipco_serial_init()
* some changes are done after looking into a more recent version of broadcom
* changes suggested by Jonas
* serial struct is in chipcommon as it is accessed through chipcommon.
* use bcma_pmu_alp_clock() to get the clock.
* cpu clock: add detection support for some newer SoCs.
* rebased on mips tree (mips/queue)
* drop pcie hostmode patch as Rafał sent a better patch to wireless mailing
* drop sprom patch because sprom is not supported in bcma version from mips
I will send a separate patch to wireless mailing list.
* fix compilation of arch/mips/bcm47xx/wgt634u.c
* fix texts in arch/mips/bcm47xx/Kconfig
* make bcm47xx built either with bcma, ssb or both and use mips MIPS 74K
optimizations if possible
* add block io support
* some minor fixes for code and doku
* use list and no arry to store cores
* rename bcma_host_bcma_ to bcma_host_soc_
* use core->io_addr and core->io_wrap to access cores
* checkpatch fixes
* some minor fixes
Hauke Mehrtens (11):
bcma: move parsing of EEPROM into own function.
bcma: move initializing of struct bcma_bus to own function.
bcma: add functions to scan cores needed on SoCs
bcma: add SOC bus
bcma: add mips driver
bcma: add serial console support
bcma: get CPU clock
bcm47xx: prepare to support different buses
bcm47xx: make it possible to build bcm47xx without ssb.
bcm47xx: add support for bcma bus
bcm47xx: fix irq assignment for new SoCs.
arch/mips/Kconfig | 8 +-
arch/mips/bcm47xx/Kconfig | 31 +++
arch/mips/bcm47xx/Makefile | 3 +-
arch/mips/bcm47xx/gpio.c | 82 +++++--
arch/mips/bcm47xx/irq.c | 12 +
arch/mips/bcm47xx/nvram.c | 29 ++-
arch/mips/bcm47xx/serial.c | 46 ++++-
arch/mips/bcm47xx/setup.c | 90 ++++++-
arch/mips/bcm47xx/time.c | 16 +-
arch/mips/bcm47xx/wgt634u.c | 14 +-
arch/mips/include/asm/mach-bcm47xx/bcm47xx.h | 26 ++-
arch/mips/include/asm/mach-bcm47xx/gpio.h | 108 +++++++--
arch/mips/pci/pci-bcm47xx.c | 6 +
drivers/bcma/Kconfig | 13 +
drivers/bcma/Makefile | 2 +
drivers/bcma/bcma_private.h | 18 ++
drivers/bcma/driver_chipcommon.c | 53 ++++
drivers/bcma/driver_chipcommon_pmu.c | 133 ++++++++++
drivers/bcma/driver_mips.c | 256 +++++++++++++++++++
drivers/bcma/driver_pci.c | 3 +
drivers/bcma/host_soc.c | 183 ++++++++++++++
drivers/bcma/main.c | 65 +++++
drivers/bcma/scan.c | 348 ++++++++++++++++++--------
drivers/watchdog/bcm47xx_wdt.c | 27 ++-
include/linux/bcma/bcma.h | 8 +
include/linux/bcma/bcma_driver_chipcommon.h | 67 +++++
include/linux/bcma/bcma_driver_mips.h | 51 ++++
include/linux/bcma/bcma_soc.h | 16 ++
28 files changed, 1535 insertions(+), 179 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 arch/mips/bcm47xx/Kconfig
create mode 100644 drivers/bcma/driver_mips.c
create mode 100644 drivers/bcma/host_soc.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/bcma/bcma_driver_mips.h
create mode 100644 include/linux/bcma/bcma_soc.h