RE: How can I access h/w registers in user space?

To: "Manuel Lauss" <manuel.lauss@googlemail.com>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: How can I access h/w registers in user space?
From: "Ardelean, Andrei" <Andrei.Ardelean@idt.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:14:32 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

Mmap() worked fine for one io memory region, but when I tried to open
twice for different io memory regions with different base addresses and
sizes it didn't work. It returned the same memory pointer value in both
cases. In my design the h/w guys put those h/w registers in two distinct
memory mapped regions with a large reserved area in between. Is it any
solution for this case?

Thanks,
Andrei