Re: data consistency of high page

To: Minchan Kim <minchan.kim@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: data consistency of high page
From: NamJae Jeon <linkinjeon@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:17:23 +0900
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=buN8xNYhHszaPsj64ATi3eB2TW8hU9D34YukIiaX6No=; b=QFw/paywn4YqVxWwWWckH8/uBNuZas1BLYpe2pdxRIvCgKwpfDzZF80dAbI2nZXmjU UhLIwVKq6qIBasJHcjWIoo0yiegPGlU3QG3O4gid8rfAXBef3Ric9Hvkty8xHzhFg6eW UuAWXuW+QvABwcB+0quK/0D1iAxB99+xm1CdE=
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi.

As you know, there is cache operation about highpage in arm arch.

arch/arm/mm/flush.c
if (!PageHighMem(page)) {
                __cpuc_flush_dcache_area(page_address(page), PAGE_SIZE);
        } else {
                void *addr = kmap_high_get(page);
                if (addr) {
                        __cpuc_flush_dcache_area(addr, PAGE_SIZE);
                        kunmap_high(page);
                } else if (cache_is_vipt()) {
                        /* unmapped pages might still be cached */
                        addr = kmap_atomic(page);
                        __cpuc_flush_dcache_area(addr, PAGE_SIZE);
                        kunmap_atomic(addr);
                }
        }

currently, mips kernel just return without cache operation.

Would you plz tell me your opinion ?

Thanks.