Re: [patch 06/38] mips: dec: Convert to new irq_chip functions

To: macro@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: [patch 06/38] mips: dec: Convert to new irq_chip functions
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:56:37 +0900 (JST)
Cc: tglx@linutronix.de, ralf@linux-mips.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 00:33:22 +0000 (GMT), "Maciej W. Rozycki"
<macro@linux-mips.org> wrote:
> > Then that code was broken before. Since MIPS was converted to the flow
> > handlers nothing ever called .end(). I seem to miss something.
>  I'll see what I can do about it, but I need a pointer to the offending
> change -- Ralf or anyone, can you provide me with one?

JFYI from my old memory...

On 2006, I once converted ioasic_irq and ioasic_dma_irq to the flow
handlers, and then revert ioasic_dma_irq to old style.

http://www.linux-mips.org/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=linux-mips&i=20061202.000803.05599975.anemo%40mba.ocn.ne.jp

Then, Franck Bui-Huu added GENERIC_HARDIRQS_NO__DO_IRQ to some
platforms but not DECstation.

And then, on 2009, Ralf enabled GENERIC_HARDIRQS_NO__DO_IRQ for all
platforms.

http://www.linux-mips.org/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=linux-mips&i=20090311112806.GA24541%40linux-mips.org

I suppose something was lost at this conversion, but not sure.

---
Atsushi Nemoto