Re: Memory needed for hibernation too much

To: Jacky Lam <lamshuyin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Memory needed for hibernation too much
From: 胡洪兵 <huhb@lemote.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:40:50 +0800
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>, linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
于 11/02/28 11:04, Jacky Lam 写道:
On 2/28/2011 9:55 AM, 胡洪兵 wrote:
于 11/02/28 9:03, Jacky Lam 写道:
I create a 300GB swap space (just use up the remaining space in disk, no
special reason). Is that a problem?

You could try to change the memory model to "Sparese Memory".

Kernel type --->
Memory model (Sparse Memory) --->

My system memory only has 1 node of continuous memory. Any reason for that?

The memory address space is not continuous in some cpus, so I suggest to change the memory model.

I guess that your system is continuous, so only 1 node is show.

Jacky

Jacky