CygWin Cross-tool Package?

To: Linux MIPS org <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: CygWin Cross-tool Package?
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@kevink.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 12:06:22 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
As the person guilty of inventing the damned thing, I've been trying to
help folks keep the SMTC kernel working, but it's strictly a spare-time
thing - nobody pays me for time or materials.  So I'm not willing to
spend the time and money to set up a Linux box at home that would serve
only to build SMTC kernels.  For better or for worse, my home office
system is a Windows XP machine.   I've got Cygwin installed, and that
gives me git to peruse the sources, but I've got no means of building a
kernel.  I know that, in theory, I could build my own MIPS/Linux cross
tools under Cygwin, but looking at various email archives, it looks like
the procedure is moderately complex and fragile, and, frankly, I just
don't have the spare time to deal with it.  By any chance, could one of
you point me to a functional, pre-built package I could install under
Cygwin to do kernel builds?

            Regards,

            Kevin K.