RE: SMTC support status in latest git head.

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@paralogos.com>
Subject: RE: SMTC support status in latest git head.
From: STUART VENTERS <stuart.venters@adtran.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:09:29 -0600
Cc: Anoop P.A. <Anoop_P.A@pmc-sierra.com>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, Anoop P A <anoop.pa@gmail.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Kevin,

I'm not sure if it's useful,
   but finally I got the time to look at the two kernel versions Anoop pointed
out.
    works   2.6.32-stable with patch 804
    works_not 2.6.33-stable

greping for files with CONFIG_MIPS_MT_SMTC
   and looking for timer interrupt related stuff found the following
differences:

arch/mips/include/asm/irq.h
arch/mips/kernel/irq.c
  do_IRQ

arch/mips/include/asm/stackframe.h
  SAVE_SOME SAVE_TEMP get/set_saved_sp

arch/mips/include/asm/time.h
  clocksource_set_clock

arch/mips/kernel/process.c
  cpu_idle

arch/mips/kernel/smtc.c
  __irq_entry
  ipi_decode
      SMTC_CLOCK_TICK

Enclosed are the two subsets of files for a more expert look.

I'll try to look in more detail after Christmas.

Cheers,

Stuart