RE: The new "real" console doesn't display printk() messages like "early

To: "Sergei Shtylyov" <sshtylyov@mvista.com>
Subject: RE: The new "real" console doesn't display printk() messages like "early" console!
From: "Ardelean, Andrei" <Andrei.Ardelean@idt.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:04:26 -0800
Cc: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Sergei,

I specified that when the bootloader calls the kernel and I did see that
the baudrate is correct and I have some messages but when the system is
crashing I cannot see printk messages. For instance, I step with JTAG
and I can see that printk(KERNEL_WARNING "unable to open initial
console") is called but on the terminal I cannot see the message. The
same, die() is called but there is no messages on UART terminal.

Thanks,
Andrei