Re: The new "real" console doesn't display printk() messages like "early

To: "Ardelean, Andrei" <Andrei.Ardelean@idt.com>
Subject: Re: The new "real" console doesn't display printk() messages like "early" console!
From: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@mvista.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:20:50 +0300
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello.

Ardelean, Andrei wrote:

I am porting MIPS Linux on a new platform and my kernel crashes after
console is switched from early console to the new real console (8250.c)
I see messages displayed using the new console like "Freeing prom
memory: 956k freed" (this is the last message I have) so the new console
is up and running. My problem is that the new console doesn't display printk() messages.
The early console displays all printk() messages.

What do I need to set at compiling time that the new console to display
printk() messages like early console?

   Have you specified "console=ttyS<n>,<baudrate> as the kernel parameter?

Thanks,
Andrei

WBR, Sergei