RE: Kernel is stuck in Calibrating delay loop

To: "wu zhangjin" <>
Subject: RE: Kernel is stuck in Calibrating delay loop
From: "Ardelean, Andrei" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:04:38 -0800
Cc: <>
Hi Wu,

I have those options enabled for my platform, I found that because of some h/w
logic which is muxing different sources of interrupts to the MIPS h/w 5
interrupt the c0_compare_int_usable() failed in r4k_clockevent_init(). After
fixing that I have timer interrupts but instead of coming every 10ms I have two
interrupts 10ms, 1.8ms, 10ms, 1.8ms ... etc. So there is an additional one I am
struggling to understand what can be the issue.
One other issue I see is that when an interrupt happens I see Cause.IV bit is
zero. That is not good because in my target I configured cpu_has_vint=1 to use
Vectored Interrupt and I was relying on Linux to set correctly this bit.
Any idea or advice is appreciated.