Re: [BUG] The Perf support of MIPS is broken for the upstream changes

To: wu zhangjin <wuzhangjin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [BUG] The Perf support of MIPS is broken for the upstream changes
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:30:57 +0000
Cc: Deng-Cheng Zhu <dengcheng.zhu@gmail.com>, linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 11:20:19PM +0800, wu zhangjin wrote:

> $ git log {kernel/perf_event.c,include/linux/perf_event.h}
>
> Of course, at first, you may need to clone/pull a latest mainline kernel.

Note that the linux-mips.org kernel repository is a superset of the
mainline kernel.  To reduce the confusion I just don't push any of Linus'
tags but the kernel objects are all there.

Anybody who wants to get Linus' tags or a linus branch as well can fetch
from Linus tree.  The size increase is minimal.