How to configure Platform NAND driver?

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: How to configure Platform NAND driver?
From: "Ardelean, Andrei" <Andrei.Ardelean@idt.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:20:13 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I am porting MIPS Linux on a new board and I have a MICRON NAND part
(MT29F4G08). I look in nand-ids.c and it seems that this part is already
supported. I assume that this support is in the plat_nand.c platform
driver. How can I configure this platform driver to use my own
read/write low level functions? How can I configure this driver with my
own mtd_partition structure?

I see some other people wrote their own NAND driver in
.../drivers/mtd/nand folder. Do I need to do that or can I use
plat_nand.c driver?

Thanks,
Andrei