Does Linux MIPS use scratch pad ram?

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Does Linux MIPS use scratch pad ram?
From: "Ardelean, Andrei" <Andrei.Ardelean@idt.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:45:11 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I am using MALTA platform and try to port Linux on a new platform.
It seems to me that in spram.c the sprams are probed  if they are
available or not but I cannot see Linux really using those afterwards.
My platform has no spram so I am trying to avoid this probing. The
problem is that spram.c is not MALTA specific but as the comment says in
spram.c there are some MALTA specific addresses. Unfortunately I have
some Flash at those addresses.
How to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Andrei