Re: What is CONFIG_MIPS_MT_SMTC configuration and when is this recommend

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@paralogos.com>
Subject: Re: What is CONFIG_MIPS_MT_SMTC configuration and when is this recommended to be used?
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:34:46 +0100
Cc: "Ardelean, Andrei" <Andrei.Ardelean@idt.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 01:56:09PM -0700, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> SMTC is a kernel for the 34K (and, just maybe, with some mods,
> 1004K) that turns TC microthreads into virtual SMP CPUs.  See
> http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/ELC2006Presentations?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=CELF_SMTC_April_2006_v0.3.pdf

The help text provided for the MIPS_MT_SMP (VSMP) and MIPS_MT_SMTC options
didn't make it easier to understand what SMTC is by incorrectly stating
that MIPS marketing had renamed both to SMVP.  I used the opportunity to
rewrite the help text and slightly polish

http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/SMTC#SMTC