Re: Cross compiling MIPS kernel under x86

To: octane indice <octane@alinto.com>
Subject: Re: Cross compiling MIPS kernel under x86
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:44:00 +0100
Cc: Dmitri Vorobiev <dmitri.vorobiev@gmail.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 03:58:25PM +0200, octane indice wrote:

> Ok. I'm following the info there:
> http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Toolchains
> but infos seems a bit old, so I followed the main idea
> with newer binutils and gcc-4.4.4

That page just documents available toolchains and is suffering from too
many details.  Somebody should do a bit weed killing on that page.

The build dependencies for the kernel are documented on

  http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Kernel_Build

which I've updated just before my previous posting.

> It is still compiling gcc. When it will finish, I will ping back
> and say if it compiles an octeon kernel 2.6.34

It will :-)