Re: Unexpected behaviour when catching SIGFPE on FPU-less system

To: David Daney <>
Subject: Re: Unexpected behaviour when catching SIGFPE on FPU-less system
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 14:23:48 -0700
Cc: Manuel Lauss <>, Geert Uytterhoeven <>, Ralf Baechle <>, Shane McDonald <>,
David Daney wrote:
On 05/04/2010 12:30 PM, Manuel Lauss wrote:
On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven<> wrote:
On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 20:44, Ralf Baechle<>  wrote:
Is it paranoia by any chance? Paranoia is available as single files at:

You also need

Ran fine on:
  - Toshiba RBTX4927 (with FPU :-)
- Mikrotik RouterBOARD 150 (without FPU), using an older 2.6.x OpenWRT kernel

and runs into an endless loop around line 806 when built with
a softfloat toolchain (gcc-4.4.3).

From the point of view of this specific problem, using a softfloat toolchain isn't what you want to do.
That's absolutely true. I would mention, however, that in ancient times, I built and ran paranoia with a couple of different softfloat libraries, and was able to make it work with them. If people care about softfloat (and I think they should), this should probably be investigated. Easy for me to say, though... ;o)

         Kevin K.