Re: Ask help:why my 64-bit ELF file could not run at the 64-bit mips cpu

To: Jian Wang <dominicwj@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ask help:why my 64-bit ELF file could not run at the 64-bit mips cpu
From: Jan Rovins <janr@adax.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:11:05 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Jian Wang wrote:
Hi,

 I have a 64-bit mips cpu, and compiled a 64-bit application, but this
 application could not run. (the target is running Linux)
 The details is:
 1)if I compile the application with -mabi=n64, this program could not
 run, when I run it in the shell, it prompts "command not found"
 2)but if I compile the application with -mabi=n32, it runs well and
 gives the correct result.

 I am wondering why with "-mabi=n64", this program could not run? I
 checked the CP0(status register), Bit px=0b0, KX=0b1, SX=0b1, UX=0b1,
 it seems that in User Mode, it accepts 64-bit operation.

 Anybody could give me some help? Any comments is much appreciated!!

 BR/Dominic

Perhaps you do not have the "n64" system libraries set up correctly in userspace. I have seen the "command not found" error when some fundamental libraries or the loader was missing.

Do you have a /lib64 & /user/lib64?
Run the file command on some of those libraries & see if they are n64 or n32 libs.

double check your ld.so.conf to make sure it points to every thing you need.
re run ldconfig if you change something.

Jan