Re: data consistency of high page

To: Minchan Kim <minchan.kim@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: data consistency of high page
From: NamJae Jeon <linkinjeon@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:11:51 +0900
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=q1B6QPXNumVW/uh1NLTER5v3sGdf3NFnKu4TEf62kfs=; b=stB8nfT3hXHG2JhSwmjSqugBe/xHahTa7RBrjGE1H4h3eFh41k0tb4lCGg7WCYCI5t DzHXPazOYWZ46LQV4a1O+A5AZjPkkdGOauEOrANvn/ARou+NHAcL6pooqjfiZWpFhCEA jhhauTclZJqEoZ9lzXXI/kohCRuxxBoWjeS4o=
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi. Ralf.

I'm Namjae.jeon. nice to meet you.

I face cache aliasing problem on mips 34ke.

Our target cache is 34kB 4way i/d-cache , 32bytes linesize.

As you know, there is possibility of cache aliasing on 8kB per way.

But mips arch of kernel mainline can not properly  handile this case.

For example, highmem handling in __fluash_dcache_page function is just return.

So, if argument page is page in highmem, it can not flush in dcache line.

I want to listen your opinion.

Thanks.