Re: Problems and workarounds while building octeon kernels

To: David Daney <ddaney@caviumnetworks.com>
Subject: Re: Problems and workarounds while building octeon kernels
From: Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 00:47:12 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
* David Daney (ddaney@caviumnetworks.com) [100222 22:25]:
> * Were you able to produce a *bootable* kernel after your workarounds?

We couldn't test that, as I don't have direct hardware access.

However file tells me it's the same type as the working kernel:
vmlinux: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, MIPS, MIPS64 rel2 version 1 (SYSV),
statically linked, not stripped

As soon as it got tested, I'll tell you.

> * What did your make invocation look like?

"make" and "fakeroot make-kpkg --revision 1 kernel_image".

Cheers,
Andi