SGI Octane

To: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: SGI Octane
From: Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:17:24 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

some years ago I asked to the debian mips list about to install a debian in a
SGI octane (IP30). I followed during a time the progress of the port and I
understood that the box in general was ported successfully [1], but some
parts (graphics card) doesn't work.

Last week we threw away an Octane, but, before destroy it, some of us look on
web and found that "seems" that Octane is working on linux [2]. So, can we
install a linux in a SGI Octane with more or less graphical, network, and
devices working?

Best regards,

Leo

[1] http://www.linux-mips.org/~skylark/