Help in enabling HIGHMEM support

To: <>
Subject: Help in enabling HIGHMEM support
From: "Anoop P.A." <>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 05:34:13 -0800
Cc: <>
Hi list,

We have a requirement to use a bigger RAM (1 GB / 2GB) with a RM9000
based SOC. I thought of going with HIGHMEM path rather than enabling
64bit support thinking it will be easier.

I have tried enabling HIGMEM in kernel. Board boots fine with a 512 MB
RAM plugged in. But if I connect a 1 GB RAM kernel will not boot. I am
not even getting single print from kernel. I am using linux-2.6.18

It will be great if get any pointers suggestions in debugging this?