Help in enabling HIGHMEM support

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Help in enabling HIGHMEM support
From: "Anoop P.A." <Anoop_P.A@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 05:34:13 -0800
Cc: <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi list,

We have a requirement to use a bigger RAM (1 GB / 2GB) with a RM9000
based SOC. I thought of going with HIGHMEM path rather than enabling
64bit support thinking it will be easier.

I have tried enabling HIGMEM in kernel. Board boots fine with a 512 MB
RAM plugged in. But if I connect a 1 GB RAM kernel will not boot. I am
not even getting single print from kernel. I am using linux-2.6.18
kernel.

It will be great if get any pointers suggestions in debugging this?

Thanks
Anoop